6 pool repairs that shouldn't be ignored
With summer right around the corner, you are probably looking forward to making a splash in your family’s favorite place—the pool! However, while the water might be a carefree place for you to kick back and have some fun, it needs to be well maintained in order to remain safe. If there are parts that need to be replaced or problems with your pool, they need to be taken care of immediately. Here are 6 pool repairs that you shouldn’t ignore:
1. Pump problems. The pump in your pool is used to help circulate the water supply and can also be used to heat it up. However, if it’s not working correctly, it can cause a multitude of problems. First, it will cost you money. If it’s having problems operating efficiently, your energy bill will go up. Also, it could prevent your water from cycling through the filter, resulting in cloudy or murky water.
2. Leaks. It’s normal for water to evaporate from your pool. Especially when the weather gets hot, you may begin to notice that it’s more difficult to keep your water as high as you’d like. However, if the water is disappearing at a rapid rate, you could have a leak on your hands. This will not only raise your water bill, but could result in damage to your landscape, home, and pool equipment, depending on its location.
3. Melted fittings. Sometimes, the seal around the pump can become melted and shrunken. When this happens, it’s time to call in a repairman. Usually this occurs when the pump has been turned on but hasn’t had any water flowing through it. If not taken care of, it can cause leaks or damage to the pump.
4. Lining tears. The lining in your pool is what keeps the water inside from leaking and flowing into the ground around it. However, the lining can become damaged or worn out over time. If there is a small crack or a hole, it needs to be sealed immediately. Otherwise, you could find yourself dealing with a low water line or other serious issues.
5. Filter issues. It’s important that you change your filter regularly. However, if neglected, your filter could begin to act up. It could have a hard time filtering out debris and other bacteria from your pool. While a simple cartridge replacement might do the trick, there is a chance that there is a more serious problem brewing.
6. Lighting repairs. The lights in your pool need to be changed just like the lights in your home do. It’s best to do this right as you notice the lights go out. If, after changing the bulb, it still isn’t illuminating, it might be time to call in a repairman as you could be dealing with a more serious issue.
When your pool is your family’s favorite gathering place, it deserves some TLC as well. If you have pool repairs that need to be taken care of, don’t put them off any longer. Otherwise, they could turn into bigger problems that could affect the integrity of your pool.