10 Swimming Pool Care Tips
While the thought of owning a pool might seem glamorous and ideal, there are a few things regarding pool maintenance that you need to keep in mind. It's easy to get wrapped up in the luxury of the cool water while working on your tan, and forget about simple swimming pool care in Alpharetta. There are a few simple tips that you can follow in order to properly take care of your swimming pool.
· Clean out your filter basket at least once a week. Your pool's filter works extremely hard to keep out all of the debris and dirt from your water. You owe it to your filter to keep it clean and replace the filter whenever needed.
· Skim your pool regularly. The easiest thing you can do in order to keep your pool healthy and clean is to skim the water for any dirt and debris. Skimming your pool will take approximately ten minutes of your time, and can help your pool last longer. You should skim your pool at least once a day if you want it to stay clean.
· Scrub your pool to keep away algae build-up. You can scrub your pool once every other week, but you need to watch out for any growths on your pool walls or floors. Make sure you scrub away any algae spots as soon as you see them.
· Check your pool’s chemical levels. Too little or too much of any one chemical can harm you or your pool in a very negative way. You definitely don't want your pool to become a breeding ground for bacteria.
· Keep the chlorine levels where they should be. While there are a handful of important chemicals in your pool, the chlorine is the most important. The chlorine is the sanitizer that keeps your pool free of germs.
· If your pool looks too cloudy, don't be afraid to throw in some extra chlorine for a short period of time. Adding in extra chlorine will remove the cloudiness and clean up your pool.
· Keep an eye on the water level of your pool. If the water is too low, add more with your garden hose. If the water is too high due to a large storm, drain the excess with a pump.
· Use a tennis ball to soak up unwanted oils. Oil can get left behind in a pool from sun tan lotion, hair product, or sunscreen. Throw a tennis ball in your pool and let it soak for a while.
· Power wash your pool deck. Your deck will get just as dirty as your pool. You need to make sure your deck is clean in order to keep germs away from your pool.
· Schedule yearly service appointments no matter what. Even if you clean your pool every day, it needs to be examined at least once a year to make sure everything is in line.